Saturday, July 9, 2011

Q: Why did you attend __________College?

     Q:  Why did you attend __________ College?

     A:   I went to Mountain State College because of its strong teacher education program.  In high school, I looked at several different colleges including the strength of their pre-service programs, the teaching expertise of the faculty, the student orientation, and the intensity of the coursework.  Conversations with teachers in the area showed that Mountain State had a strong program – one that was both respected and admired.  After a round of college visits I was convinced that Mountain State would be the institution that would help me best achieve my goals.  As I look back, I knew it was the right choice then and is certainly the right choice now.  I got a great education, learned more than I ever knew possible about teaching, and was challenged at every turn.  I don’t regret a single moment.

            Your answer should confirm your commitment to teaching.  It should highlight your career goals, your passion for teaching, and how the institution was instrumental in helping you become a more accomplished educator.  The interviewer will undoubtedly know about the status and reputation of the institution; it will be your job to show how the institution played a significant role the pursuit of your goals.  Your answer must also demonstrate that you make good decisions – rationale and conscious choices that demonstrate your ability to make (and follow through on) long range goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment