Saturday, October 1, 2016

What Do You Like Best About Teaching?

Interviewers want to know about your philosophy.  They want to know if you have a solid philosophy or whether you've just developed your philosophy in the last 24 hours or so.  Your philosophy reveals a lot about who you are as a teacher; it also gives an interviewer solid information about where you stand on critical issues.  Here's a typical query:

 
     What do you like best about teaching?  What do you like least?
     A:   For me, teaching is an incredibly rewarding career!  It offers unlimited possibilities to influence generations of students, imparting to them the excitement of learning, the passion of discovery, and the magic of an inquisitive mind.  I believe that teaching is both a science and an art.  It is also a way of making a difference in the lives of others.  It is the shaping of minds and the shaping of futures.                       
            What I like least would probably be the fact that I have a limited amount of time to work with my students.  I have only 180 school days and seven-and-a-half hours in each of those days to share with them all the wonderful things they can learn.  While I can’t change the time I have available, I can change students’ lives.  I can’t think of anything more exciting.
 Don’t select controversial topics for your response.  You won’t know where the interviewer stands on those topics and you don’t want to upset her or him.  Select topics that are non-controversial or non-confrontational.
___________________________________________
 
Are you thinking about putting together your teaching resume?  Would you like to know how to write one that will make prospective employers beg you to come in for an interview?  Would you like to know what impresses administrators when they look at resumes?  Then, you might want to pre-order this forthcoming book:


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment