Tuesday, November 22, 2011

What are some of your hobbies or leisure-time activities?

     Q:  What are some of your hobbies or leisure-time activities?
     A:   I guess I’ve always been an “outdoors nut.”  I really enjoy getting outside and hiking, camping, and exploring nature.  Last summer I hiked down into the Grand Canyon and spent three days traversing Rocky Mountain National Park in Colorado.  Next summer I plan to spend a week hiking the Appalachian Trail from Maine down into Pennsylvania.  I’ve read Richard Louv’s book “Last Child in the Woods” and strongly believe that nature should be an important part of every child’s education. I’d like to share my passion for the outdoors with my students.

            This is another opportunity for you to sell yourself – not just as a teacher, but also as a well-rounded individual.  Be sure to emphasize any hobbies, activities, or pursuits that might carry over to the classroom.  Be sure to let your passion for these activities show through.

FROM THE PRINCIPAL’S DESK:
     “Smiles, friendliness, joyful, excited, energetic, and enthusiastic are emotions and conveyances I look for in a candidate.”

No comments:

Post a Comment