Wednesday, June 8, 2011

How will you integrate technology into your classroom?

Q:  How will you integrate technology into your classroom?

     A:   The number one use of technology comes in the form of research.  The Internet, for example, provides students with a wealth of current information on any topic or any subject.  I want my students to experience the incredible array of data available in any subject area.  A second project that can help integrate technology, while truly getting the students excited about school, is website creation.  I plan to publish a website with my class about information students have researched or personally created.  This might include literary efforts, results of scientific investigations, critiques of books read, or problem-solving projects.  I also want to explore the possibility of online assessment for my students.  If students have the opportunity to demonstrate what they have learned through the use of technology, then I have more time available to teach.  It’s an exciting new concept and one I’m eager to explore.  Although these are exciting ideas I have to remember what one of my professors said, “The program should not be built around technology; rather technology should be built into the program.”

             Most of the administrators I talked with want to know how versed teacher candidates are in technological issues.  Your response to this question should demonstrate your awareness of and comfortableness with technology as a powerful teaching tool.

FROM THE PRINCIPAL’S DESK:
     “A candidate shared with me a story about how he had his neighbor evicted - due to his uncanny tech. skills.  He created a documentary showing how his neighbor was violating specific ordinances and then called the police.”

No comments:

Post a Comment