Monday, September 18, 2017

Never Give Up!

Here's a question I particularly like.  I've used it many times when interviewing teacher candidates and I know it has been used by lots of principals around the country.  Answer this question correctly and you will truly Ace Your Teacher Interview.

     What are you going to do for that kid who just doesn’t get it?

     A:   Never give up!  I believe every child has the right to an education.  Every child should be provided with educational opportunities that are geared to his or her needs, interests, and abilities.  If there’s one thing that the concept of Differentiated Instruction taught me it’s that through assessments and learning profiles I can provide tiered activities that will offer each child a measure of success.  My challenge is to discover what tier the child should be assigned and the best practice strategies that will offer him or her the greatest opportunities to succeed.  But, most important, I will never give up on any child.

Here’s a great opportunity to show your passion and desire to teach.  Keep your response positive and be sure to inject some current research or best practices into your answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment