Sunday, October 7, 2012

What are your plans for graduate school?


Q:  What are your plans for graduate school?

     A:   I plan to devote my time and attention to being the best teacher I can for the first two years of my teaching career.  I want to put all my talents and all my efforts to ensure that I’ve mastered the curriculum, the day to day life of a successful classroom teacher, and the academic success of every one of my students.  When I have that down, then I would like to attend Mount Merry University to obtain my master’s in reading.  I want to learn everything I can about the latest research and latest teaching strategies – particularly as they impact on my students’ comprehension development.  I plan to spend about two years in obtaining my masters.

            Have a plan.  Interviewers want to know that, just like your students, you see yourself as a learner, too.  Consider how a graduate degree will help you improve your teaching effectiveness and make additional contributions to the school.

No comments:

Post a Comment