Sunday, August 14, 2011

What were some of the things you didn’t like about student teaching?

     Q:  What were some of the things you didn’t like about student teaching?
     A:   I was sometimes frustrated about the time schedule.  The periods were all divided into 90-minute time frames.  My students and I would sometimes really get into a topic and then we’d have to end because the bell rung.  I found it upsetting that there wasn’t always sufficient time to cover all the material AND provide students with enough guided practice to put that information into practice.  It sometimes seemed as though we were prisoners to the clock.  But, it did teach me about time management and the fact that I need to provide complete lessons in a designated time frame.  That’s something I continue to work on.

            The best way to answer this question is to respond with something that has absolutely nothing to do with your abilities or your performance.  Identify something that is outside your control – the schedule, the clock, the bus schedule, the constant entrance and exit of students throughout the day, or the lack of adequate classroom computers.  Make sure your response is about something over which you had no control.

No comments:

Post a Comment